Sunday, November 29, 2009

First in My Heart

I’ve been struggling a little.  I think it started with a busy schedule that took me out of town for nine days out of the last two weeks.  I’m sure there was also stress coming from the holiday season itself and the impending family relationships and dynamics.  Tonight I returned from visiting family in the San Francisco area.

Although I’m relieved that the visit went well, I’m also aware of feeling more distant from God.  I’m realizing that in my business and anxiety, I probably pulled away from God.  When times got hard, I instinctively and unconsciously behaved as though I could handle things on my own.  So I’m also starting this week aware that I have another out of town trip in a few days – but also the awareness that I need to make time to be with my Father.

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10

“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment