Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Run Forest, Run

My roommate is naughty and he does not know it. In our house, one of us is in charge of doing things like running, swimming, sweating and completing triathlons. That person can tell you the difference between the two bicycles in the garage and what "goo" is for. The other one of us, is in charge of doing things like blogging, monitoring the actions & outfits of the desperate Atlanta housewives and holding the sofa down every evening. That person can tell you which celebutant just had a baby named after a bird and how to link your Twitter to your Facebook. Those of you who know me (or who just read this blog), know which one is me…

If you know me at all, you know two other things about me as well. In no particular order, I’m a girly girl and I’m a flirt. I like nice looking things (animate or inanimate lol)…and I like them even more, when they're not a lot of money (the inanimate ones, I mean ;). So naturally, you can understand my distress when I came to discover today that there is a race every year in San Francisco (home of the roommate’s girlfriend, too, btw) where participants receive a real live Tiffany necklace! Um, yeah – I said Tiffany. Oh, and it gets better. The necklace? It’s put on you by firefighters, dressed out in their uniforms.

Are you serious?! How did my roommate not see the complete urgency in telling me this?! I will run until the earth curves, if it means Tiffany jewelry and a hot firefighter at the end. I am crushed that my roommate does not love me enough to inform me of the highlights of his responsibilities. I make a point to clarify for him that on CSI: Miami, everybody calls Horatio “H” for short. See, one of us cares that the other stays updated on the pertinent details of our respective responsibilities…

So, it looks like I’m running a half marathon next year. There are three reasons for making this happen. The first (and most important) being, of course my dear friend, “Tiffany”. The second reason, is the suggestion alone of a hot firefighter touching me. And the third reason is just practical: I have a year to get ready. I could technically do this.

When the roommate came home from what was surely a vigorous session of running/swimming/sweating, I had to share with him (from my position holding down the sofa) my utter disappointment in his failure to inform me. Before I even shared the Tiffany sized nugget of knowledge I gained from not him today, he knew what I was going to say. He beat me to “Tiffany” and then he said, “…and do you know who gives it to you?” Of course I know, roommate. No thanks to you. But I was forced to forgive him when he offered (or more accurately “said jokingly”, but I’m choosing to hear “offered”) to run the race for me – thereby allowing me to show up at the finish line, hair done, make-up on to be presented with my necklace. That works for me. Good roommate, very good roommate! :-D

Love y'all!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment