Saturday, January 30, 2010

See Jane Run

I ran three miles today. Three miles, without stopping. Three miles, in intervals, which I’m learning is best for thick chicks with relatively zero background in physical fitness. Three miles all the same. Grinning almost the whole time.

God is working in my life and I can feel it every step of the way. I haven’t written in the last few days, because no one thing has risen to the top of my awareness. I am constantly bombarded by all of the different and unrelated ways that God is working and moving in my life. The only things that are consistent are that He’s working, and that I’m letting him. It feels amazing and exciting and encouraging…

I mark the calendar as time passes and I wonder what the next month will bring…52 weeks ago, I wouldn’t run if my hair was on fire. Where will I be 52 weeks from today…?

“…those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.” 1 Cor. 9:24-25

"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets…?” Jeremiah 12:5

“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.” Acts: 20:24

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.” Hebrews 12:1

Love y'all,
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment