Wednesday, December 24, 2014

She’s Chasing What, Now…?


Once upon a time, a long time ago…I blogged. I liked it, and I was good at it. Or so people told me.  But, in all honesty, life was kicking my butt at around the same time and I came to find myself in a box.  It’s a good thing my income didn’t depend on my ability to write, or I wouldn’t be here today!  There were times I’d resolve to blog – I would sit down with my laptop and literally grunt with effort to squeeze something out.  It wasn’t fun. I wasn’t good at it.
So I quit.
Over the last several months, I’ve come to realize that after a couple of false starts, that phase of my life really is (thankfully) over.  2014 was the seventh year of what had the hardest season of my life so far. But I’ve realized – seven is the holy number. The number of completion.  My ordeal is over and I can step into 2015 with the strength and wisdom I’ve gained.
It seemed only fitting to return to blogging, since that desire still remained.  I’m not the same person I was before, so my first step was to change my blog’s name. Not unlike many folks in the Bible, now that I think about it! The name part, not the blog part.  Chasing Rainbows came to me, but I wasn’t sure. I sat on it for some time…thinking…mulling it over, deciding how I felt.  When it first came to my mind, it made me chuckle.  Will people assume I’m writing a homosexual dating blog…? I tried the name out on a couple of people and decided that although humorous, my reason for hesitating wasn’t as obvious as I’d thought.
Not just clip art, people - this is really from here!
So, please say hello to my new blog – it’s pretty descriptive, I think.  She’s Chasing Rainbows. All day every day, both literally and figuratively.  The last time I actively blogged, I was living in Central California, where I’d moved to take some time to heal – “yoga for my soul”, I called it.  This time, you’ll find me living on an island in Portugal, where unique weather patterns mean literally every day you can find a rainbow somewhere in the sky.
There’s more, though.  As I realized 2014 was my year of completion, as I realized I’ve “made it through” and 2015 will quite literally be a new chapter, I relished God’s faithfulness. And I was reminded what the sign of his faithfulness and promises is to us: the rainbow. I don’t consider it coincidence that my valley season ended on an island in the middle of nowhere, overflowing with rainbows – a message to me, His daughter.
He is good. He is faithful.  And I will chase after Him, His blessings and His promises for all of my days.  I hope you’ll join me here, in my little re-vamped corner of the blog-o-sphere as I document the Great Adventure I have chasing His rainbows.
Love y'all...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment